Wednesday 11 January 2012

Guitar or Piano?

I've been taking a little attention towards trying to learn guitar recently - along with practicing piano/keyboard and beginning to learn juggling - and I'm really kinda confused with what I'm meant to do on the B chord, or the F chord for that matter. How am I meant to make the notes when a.) I have small hands, and b.) there are six places to put your fingers on the F chord (usually people only have five fingers on each hand)?
Some of...no, ALL of the guitar websites explaining how to play guitar are absolutely ridiculous in the fact that none of them make sense, not even the ones for the beginners. The only way I managed to find out some useful information on chords is to just look it up on images instead.
I played keyboard a couple of months ago and managed to learn 'Take On Me' by A-Ha, but found it just a bit too easy to learn, and it becomes annoying when finding the notes over the internet takes longer than mastering the actual music. Then again, piano doesn't hurt as much to learn in comparison to the guitar...

7 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcmb4RplClQ - i learnt the chords well easily on this

    http://www.youtube.com/user/martyzsongs - simplest songs ever

    do u have a capo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my hands are used to the srtings now- it doesnt hurt- keeep trying

    ReplyDelete
  3. thing you clamp on the frets like i showed u

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love both buti think youd be better at guitar personaly but thats just my opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, thanks Nathan :P I think guitar will be more interesting anyways.

      Delete