Sunday 15 January 2012

Geese and Pigeons

So I just noticed that I haven't mentioned anything on pigeons on my blog! If you should know anything about me, the first thing you'd need to know is that I love pigeons; I rescued a wood pigeon, which I named 'Toot' after the fact that it would whistle through it's nose when it got angry. 'Toot' and several other wild birds (including a collared dove, another wood pigeon, a sparrow, a seagull - the biggest breed - and a blackbird) were successfully released into the wild.
The reason I love pigeons is purely because of how tame they are; for example, the other day I was feeding some pigeons, and managed to get one to feed from my hand whilst flying! I read over the internet that blue eyed pigeons are the easiest to tame, but all the pigeons I've seen down town have orange eyes - which are supposedly the wildest - and yet I can easily get one of them to eat whilst on my hand.
Whilst one the subject of birds, on Friday, I counted 2 geese. But when in town yesterday, I saw probably over 50 geese flying here, who are all on the Devizes crammer now, which was pretty cool to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment