Friday 16 March 2012

'Speechless'

Even though I don't like Lady Gaga all that much, I love this song by her called 'Speechless', probably the only song of hers I like and yet the one nearly everyone overlooks.It was actually written to convince her dad to undergo heart surgery according to wikipedia. This is what she said about her dad's situation; "My mom called me and I was very depressed. I was on tour and I couldn't leave, so I went into the studio and I wrote this song 'Speechless,' and it's about these phone calls. My dad used to call me after he'd had a few drinks and I wouldn't know what to say. I was speechless and I just feared that I would lose him and I wouldn't be there."

Here are some of the lyrics:

I can't believe, what you said to me
Last night we were alone
You threw your arms up,

Baby you gave up, you gave up 


I can't believe how you looked at me 
With your James Dean glossy eyes 
In your tight jeans with your long hair
and your cigarette stained lies

Could we fix you if you broke?
And is your punch line just a joke? 

I'll never talk again
Oh boy you've left me speechless

You've left me speechless, so speechless

And I'll never love again
Oh boy you've left me speechless

You've left me speechless, so speechless

I can't believe how you slurred at me
with your half-wired broken jaw
You popped my heart seams
All my bubble dreams, bubble dreams


And so on. But yeah, I thought this would make a good blog post considering lyrics seem to be everyone's theme this week. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment